Choosing a hot water system?
Discover the Sanden Eco® Plus Hot Water Heat Pump System.
How does the Sanden Eco® Plus Hot Water Heat Pump System work?
The Sanden Eco® Plus Hot Water Heat Pump System works in a different way compared to a conventional electric hot water system. The Sanden Eco® Plus Hot Water Heat Pump System operates like a refrigerator in reverse. It contains a fan that forces air through an evaporator that contains a refrigerant. The heat in the air passes through the evaporator and is absorbed by a natural refrigerant, R744 (CO2), which is ozone friendly and does not contribute to global warming.
The warm gaseous refrigerant is circulated in the system via a compressor. As it passes through the compressor, its pressure rises, as does its temperature. This hot refrigerant then passes through a heat exchanger to heat the water, which is finally pumped to the storage tank.
Performance & Savings
The Sanden Eco® Plus Hot Water Heat Pump System delivers:
- Industry leading energy efficiency - uses only 20% of the energy required by a conventional electric storage hot water system.
- Innovative technology - up to 50% faster heat recovery than currently available hot water heat pumps.
- Industry leading quality & performance, with the highest level of STC rebates of currently available hot water heat pumps.
- Class leading warranties, backed by Sanden’s 35 years of operation in Australia.
As the Sanden Eco® Plus Hot Water Heat Pump System uses R744 (CO2) refrigerant technology, the amount of electrical energy required to heat the water is significantly less than that required by a conventional electric hot water system.
In fact, the Sanden Eco® Plus Hot Water Heat Pump System consumes 0.84kW^^ of electricity to generate 4.99kW^^ of heat (COP = 5.96^), which equates to 20% of the energy used by a conventional electric system. Consequently, with the Sanden Eco® Plus Hot Water Heat Pump System, you can save up to 80%* of your conventional electric hot water energy costs!
Features & Benefits
The Sanden Eco® Plus Hot Water Heat Pump System is supplied as two separate components;
- Heat Pump Unit and
- Stainless Steel Storage Tank
This allows easy on-site handling and installation, as well as flexibility of the storage tank location, up to 15 metres horizontally or 3 metres vertically from the Heat Pump Unit.
Heat Pump Unit
- A high Coefficient of Performance (COP=5.96^) results in significantly reduced energy use and CO2 emissions
- Up to 50% faster heat recovery than typical heat pumps.
- Uses unique Ozone friendly R744 (CO2) refrigerant
- Simple installation by Plumber & Electrician, with no Refrigeration Mechanic required
- An automatic heating cycle, which makes it perfect for use with power generated by on-roof photo voltaic (PV) solar electric systems.
- Fitted with in-built freeze protection, making it suitable for all climates (-10 ºC to +43 ºC)
- No backup/booster element required (ie. Unlike competitor HWHP systems)
- Whisper quiet operation, with industry leading noise level of 37 dB - very neighbour friendly!
- High quality, weather resistant construction for outdoor location
- 6 year Warranty, including parts and labour.
Stainless Steel Tank
- 4 x tank sizes offered – 160L, 250L, 300L and 315L.
- High quality, Australian made extra long life 316 Marine Grade stainless steel cylinder.
- Fully insulated for minimal heat loss.
- Mains pressure rated.
- Safety pressure and temperature relief valve supplied.
- 15 year Pro-rata Warranty, including parts and labour.
‘Whisper-quiet hot water’
When purchasing a hot water heat pump, noise levels are an important consideration. Sanden’s extensive research has delivered a ‘whisper quiet’ operating noise level (37dB) that ensures both you and your neighbours’ lifestyles remains unaffected by its operation.
Sanden is a Japanese-owned global business, which has earned a solid reputation as a leader in the field of heating and cooling technology. Our focus is to improve the living standards of all Australians, via the development of environmentally-advanced products.
Sanden has more than 50 years experience in the production and global supply of air conditioning compressors. It has applied this advanced understanding of heat transfer technologies to the home environment, resulting in the development of the Sanden Eco® Plus Hot Water Heat Pump System. This highly innovative hot water system is manufactured in Japan.
^^ at 32.45 ºC ambient / 18.74 ºC cold water inlet
^ Tested under AS/NZ5125.1:2014 requirements